The most significant and central community service activity of the Lucketts Ruritan Club is the operation of weekly trash and recycling collection services in parking lot at Lucketts Elementary School every Saturday morning. The Club maintains a contract with a local trash collection contractor and works with Loudoun County to provide single stream recycling containers for paper, plastic and glass recyclables. This provides a local weekly collection service for people in the area who do not have a community trash and recycling services provided in their location. A recommended donation of $6 for a single family’s single week of trash is collected on site. This singular activity has contributed eighty percent of the dollars the Club reinvests in the community through Scholarships, Grants and Goodwill donations.
In combination with the Lucketts Community Center Advisory Board, the Club has published Lucketts News & Notes, distributed quarterly to all residents of Lucketts. This publication includes feature stories about people, places and programs across the community and is produced without advertising as a service to the community by both organizations.
In addition to the Trash and Recycling operations and publication of Lucketts News & Notes the Club serves the community through the following activities and programs:
- Annual Scholarship Program for graduating seniors from Lucketts.
- Youth Development Grant Program
- Sponsoring local history events for area families and children each winter.
- Decorating the Gazebo at the Lucketts Community Center for National Holidays.
- Lawn Mowing and Yard maintenance for local non-profits with residential facilities in Lucketts.
- Organizing “Meet the Candidate” nights to support local elections.
- Supporting Rudy Youth Clubs at our elementary and middle school.
- Promoting community events through the Club’s Community Calendar on the Ruritan Club website.
- Citizenship Awards for local elementary, middle and high school students every year.
- Annual recognition for the Lucketts Citizen of the Year awarded each December to an individual outside of the Club who has done outstanding work to support our community.
Trash & Recycling Service will continue each Saturday until further notice. Self service. Social distancing required.
Hunger never stops. Consider volunteering to help at the Faith Chapel Food Pantry every second Saturday of the month. A new “flow” has been initiated to protect volunteers’ and clients’ health.
See the Calendar for details and announcements.
42361 Lucketts Road
P.O. Box 1291
Leesburg, VA 20177