We meet on the second Tuesday of each month at:
Lucketts Community Center
42361 Lucketts Road
Leesburg, VA 20177
You are invited to join us for dinner and meet the members.
Responsibilities of Membership
Many of our members are employed and give of their time and talent to other organizations – especially our local churches, schools and youth organizations. With that in mind, the Club tries to maintain tolerable time commitments for members while maximizing service to the Club and the community.
Active Member “Good Standing” Membership (right to vote and hold office) requires:
- Regular meeting attendance (at least once per quarter);
- Participate actively in one Club committee per year;
- Timely payment of dues ($40 per quarter, in advance);
- Contribute 30 hours (or their equivalent) per year in activities that raise funds to support Club fellowship activities.
- Trash compactor/recycling monitor duty from 7:45 am to noon on at least two Saturday mornings at the Lucketts Elementary School, as scheduled by the Trash Committee Chair (total 13 hours each year);
Members are expected to mark these obligatory events on their calendars to prevent any conflicting obligations wherever possible; if a conflict is unavoidable, member should notify the event coordinator or Secretary as soon as such becomes known.
Other Club Commitments include:
- Traffic/parking assistance with other Ruritan Clubs at other events as possible; and
- Miscellaneous work details that may arise each year (school, community center, food donation, scouts, etc.).
We hope members will view these as opportunities for enjoying Fellowship, demonstrating Goodwill and providing needed Community Service—the three governing guidelines of the Ruritan Club.
We expect members will treat these as overriding commitments barring unavoidable prior commitments or unforeseen emergencies.