Youth Development Grant Program
The Mission of the Lucketts Ruritan Club is to make Lucketts a better place to live through fellowship, goodwill, and community service. Over the 40 years since our club’s charter, we have distributed hundreds of thousands of dollars through our Memorial Scholarship Program for local graduating high school seniors. While this scholarship program continues, the Club has now created a new fund to impact the lives of younger children.
This new Youth Development Grant Program has been established to invest in learning and development opportunities for children of all ages who live in Lucketts.
Grant programs must benefit Lucketts area youth. Applicants must be a group or organization that promotes youth development as part of their mission. Youth may apply directly but must have an adult sponsor cosign the application.
Grant Making Priorities
- Focus on youth education, pre-school and after-school enrichment, tutoring, and/or vocational training
- Educational programs, art, and cultural experiences
- Self-help, local initiatives, fresh and creative new areas
- Projects that leverage additional resources, such as volunteer time, and in-kind gifts of materials and supplies
- High-impact results from a small grant
- Projects that include collaboration with other groups
- Proposals written by youth and for youth
- Sports and physical education activities are eligible.
Activities that are by their nature “entertainment” are
Who should consider applying?
- Parents and PTA Organizations
- Scouting and Youth Organizations
- Church Youth Organizations
- School Clubs
- Non-Profits working with Families and Children
To see past recipients click here.
How to apply for a Youth Development Grant
Please read these instructions and the Program Mission carefully and complete as much of the application as possible. Some items may not be applicable to your organization. Fill out as much as you can and submit it as directed below and we will contact you if we need more information.
If you have any questions about the application or need help filling it out contact us at the email below. If you submit an application and we have questions we will contact you.
Note: We welcome and encourage members of youth groups themselves to complete and submit an application with an adult sponsor cosigning the application.
This Application is in four parts:
- Organizational Information
- Proposed Project, Sections 1 and 2
- Proposed Budget
- Terms of Grant Award
How to Complete and Submit an Application:
- Open the application here.
- All applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected]
- Applications will be accepted beginning the last Friday in September and are due by the last Friday in November.
- Awards will be announced the second week in January.
- Applications will be accepted beginning the second week of January and are due by the last Friday in March.
- Awards will be announced the second Friday in May.
Tom Small, Chairman, Youth Development Committee, Lucketts Ruritan Club [email protected].
Adobe PDF Reader is required for the fillable forms.