In 2018, the Lucketts Ruritan Club presented scholarships totaling $9,000 to three Lucketts area students during the annual award ceremony at Tuscarora High School. The Lucketts Memorial Scholarships are awarded annually to Lucketts graduating seniors who have chosen to extend their education and have excelled in their academic and service endeavors.
This is the 30th year the Club has awarded scholarships to deserving seniors. Awardees are selected based on academic achievement, school and community service, the student’s essay on his/her future goals and plan to achieve them, and letters of recommendation. The Club received 12 applications this year. The three recipients were judged Outstanding and Excellent. Receiving the scholarships this year were:
- Quinn Herbine, planning to attend Virginia Tech was awarded $3000
- Brenna Hjermstad, planning to attend Virginia Tech was awarded $3000
- Lexy Stone, planning to attend Culinary Institute of America was awarded $3000
At the same ceremony, the Club awarded “Citizen of the Year” to Skyler Ogden. Skyler was selected by the staff of Tuscarora for her many contributions to the school and community over her years at the school. Her award was $500.
“Citizen of the Year” is also provided at Lucketts Elementary and Smarts Mill Middle School.
How to Apply for Lucketts Ruritan Scholarship
NOTE: The 2019 Scholarship Applications are available now.
If you are a Lucketts Area resident and a senior in public or private high school, or a home school student planning to continue your education you are eligible.
- Applications will be available on this web site end of January.
- Applications and all related paperwork are due by Friday, April 12, 2019.
- Award winners will be announced at the Awards Assembly at Tuscarora High School in early June.
A Scholarship Application Part 5 Letter of Recommendation Form is available here.
The Forms must be filed out electronically and e-mailed to the address on the form. If e-mail is not available, the forms may be printed and mailed.